Monday, November 25, 2013

It's beginning to look like Christmas

So I'm one of the ones that put up Christmas decorations early. Now let me explain because I did not do this last year. I needed the pick me up due to crunch time with this last semester of college. To me the holidays are meant gathering with family and friends and just enjoying that time together. Therefore, I saw no reason to wait on the tree. But I will tell you this I WILL NOT be shopping on Thanksgiving day or Black Friday. I will be spending time stuffing my face and enjoying the time with my family.

Anyway, on with the tutorial!

So as the hubby and I were bringing the tree out I remembered we still do not have a proper tree skirt. Last year we used left over white fabric from our wedding. We threw that away due to finding little mice several months ago. 

I went to Jo-Ann's Fabric and looked around. I REFUSE to pay $70 for a store bought skirt. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Jo-Ann's but I'm just a tight wad. I did however buy about a yard and a half of pretty red no-pill fleece. I came home and cut it along the fold then I found a Christmas blanket that we received last year. You can find some at your local Wal-Mart or Dollar store. I just threw them under the tree and arranged them to my liking. I paid around $15 in the end! 

Here are the end results:


And, of course, a close up:



It will look even better once I get presents under it! 

Happy Crafting!



Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment